Frequently Asked Questions - How to Contact the Police Dept.

--How do I get in contact with the Police Department for non-emergency requests?
The Police Department provides public safety services 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call 903-389-3901.

--Can I dial 911 to get the Police Department?
All 911 calls are routed to the Freestone County Sheriff’s Office, directly. They transfer calls to the appropriate jurisdiction.

Do not hesitate to call 911 in the case of an emergency!

The 911 operators are trained to ask specific questions to enable them to get help to you in the most expeditious manner, whether it is fire, police, or ambulance.

 If you are calling from a land based telephone, your location will show up on the 911 operator’s screen, but if you are calling from a cell phone, this information is not available, so stay on the line until your location is verified.